Bill Dog (“BillDog”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to the safety of your personal, company, and financial information. We value our relationship and your trust.
Types of Information
The following types of information about you, and your family, if applicable, are collected by us:
· Your name, including email address, and password; Postal and/or e-mail address;
· Mobile, home, service provider name, and the date, time and content of your message;
· Employer name, address, telephone number and email address; IP Address, and other technical information collected by the servers utilized by us or our vendors; credit/debit card and other billing information entered, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, and expiration dates; and other information provided by you to us in any way, including information related to your health/dental/vision/pharma insurance, healthcare providers, healthcare billing, healthcare services, etc.
If you access this site and desire to obtain our Services, your personal and healthcare information (“Personal Health Information”), including, but not limited to, the information listed above and insurance member identification number, medical records, billing records, claims information, information on your medical conditions, prescribed medications, health risk status, and other health and wellness-related information, needs to be collected, maintained and made available to our employees and strategic partners so that we can administer our program and Services on your behalf.
The Services are not intended to be used by anyone under the age of 18, and we don’t knowingly collect or retain information from children under the age of 13 unless it is through their parent or guardian.
How Information is Collected
We may collect information in the following ways:
· Through registration, or electronic forms filled out, by you on Bill Dog’s mobile application, website or a Bill Dog-hosted website, and/or a website hosted by a third party;
· Through paper forms filled out, mailed, or otherwise electronically transmitted to Bill Dog by you;
· Through SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent via your cell phone by you;
· Through telephone calls made by you to us, or vice versa;
· Through emails sent by you to us, or vice versa;
· Through any other communications between you and us;
· Through third parties, such as third party verification services, billing vendors, health insurance companies, healthcare providers, employers, and other publicly available sources;
· Through the maintenance and analysis of Web server logs; and
· Via “cookies” (small text files placed on a computer), single pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Web server log analysis and other similar technological means.
When you enter certain information on our website such as your social security number, payment information, user name and password, etc., we encrypt it using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We take a number of security measures, such as encryption, to protect the privacy of your information.
Information Use and Sharing
In order to provide Services to you, we may share any information we collect from you with third parties who may include certain experts in various health care fields. We may also use information collected, including personal information, and may share such information with, or sell such information to, third parties in the following ways:
· To market, operate, monitor and deliver the Services, providing and sending instructions and messages, measuring interest in the Services, customizing content, and contacting you;
· To market, operate, monitor and deliver any products and/or Services powered by Bill Dog that are provided to you by third parties;
· To improve or tailor the user experience with regard to the Services;
· To provide information and offers regarding the Services, as well as other products and services offered by or through us or selected third parties;
· To store and/or analyze such information;
· To customize advertisements provided to you on our website;
· To track such information over time for one or more purposes noted herein;
· To provide, sell, or transfer information to a company that acquires, is acquired by or is merged with us;
· To aggregate de-identified information that cannot be connected to you for the creation and enhancement of Bill Dog’s Services and to rent or sell such aggregate information to third parties; and
· To share your information with third parties that perform data services (e.g., maintenance, back up, analysis, etc.) on our behalf. If your information is shared with any third party, each such third party must agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
If previously authorized by you, we may share your information with brokers and consultants and other third parties who may wish to market other products to you.
We may share your information with third parties that perform data services (e.g., maintenance, back up, analysis, etc.) on our behalf. We may also share aggregated information from our website with brokers and consultants and other third parties in furtherance of joint marketing efforts but such aggregated information will not contain personally identifiable information. If your information is shared with any third party, each such third party must agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
We may advertise the Services using a third party, and these third parties may utilize cookies or other technological means within the advertising to collect and utilize non-personal information. We are not responsible for information collected by any such third parties, nor for the collection or use of information by other websites to which the Services are linked.
Although we do not utilize any geolocation software on our website or other mobile or online presence, we may choose to do so in the future.
Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide us we may send you a welcoming and service reminder emails. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the Services you request, and to manage your account.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and clear gifs to create a “profile” of your preferences. We may share your profile with other third parties in order to provide you with the Services.
We will make every effort to discontinue the use of your Personal Health Information as soon as practicable if requested by you. We may need to retain information in our archives and records to comply with law, resolve disputes, analyze problems, assist with any investigations, enforce certain policies, and take other actions otherwise permitted or required by law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of such residents’ personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us at: privacy@Billdog.com.
We take every reasonable precaution to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls, and encryption. When we ask for sensitive information, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer). We regularly test and update our technology to enhance security. No method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information. Our strict internal controls limit access to information based on job functionality.
Links to Third Party Websites
This website may contain links to other websites. Bill Dog is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites maintained by third parties.
Use of Web Technologies
We may employ a software technology called clear gifs (aka web beacons/web bugs), that helps us better manage the content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of a sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
As is true of most websites, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Do Not Track
When you use one or more of our websites, we may receive “do not track” requests from you, whether via signals from Web browsers or other mechanisms. At this time, we do not respond to such “do not track” requests, although we may choose to do so in the future.
Manage Accurate Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer choose to use our Services, you can contact us by email or telephone at the contact information listed below to assist you with changes to your account.
Legally Required Disclosure
We may be required by applicable law, subpoena, or court order to disclose your personal information, and it is our policy to comply with such requirements.
Bill Dog does not provide health insurance or medical services, nor does it recommend treatment or provide any clinical advice whatsoever. Bill Dog provides administrative and informational services through its employees. All of our services are offered in a manner that fully respects and protects the privacy of our customers and the confidentiality of their personal health information and is compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements.